Does the world really need another burger joint? We don’t think so! Almost 30 % of the top 50 QSR restaurants in the U.S. sell burgers.¹ The other 70% sell sandwiches, pizza, chicken, Mexican, and “snacks” (coffee anyone?) – and only one of the top 50 QSRs offers Asian cuisine. That’s good news if you’re interested in investing in a healthy food franchise opportunity that stands out from all the others; Samurai Sam’s Teriyaki Grill ™ Japanese restaurant could be just the fast-casual franchise opportunity you’re looking for.
Japanese Cuisine Can be Naturally Healthy
The American quick service restaurant industry was worth more than $270 billion in 20192. That’s a lot of hungry people in search of a convenient meal. But there is new evidence every day that it’s important not to sacrifice nutrition for convenience, and consumers are taking that advice to heart. In response, grocery chains and even convenience stores are stocking their shelves with nuts, bottled water and fresh fruit in addition to the usual chips and candy.
In the world of fast-casual restaurants, Japanese food is a welcome healthier alternative to the typical burgers and fries people are used to. Traditional Japanese cuisine is low on fats and sodium but high on nutritious vegetables, seafood, and lean proteins. Samurai Sam’s has been perfecting our Japanese menu for more than 25 years and most of our dishes are steamed, wok’d, or grilled. Every meal is cooked to order, which appeals to parents and kids who want a fun and satisfying healthy alternative to “ordinary” fast food, and our signature teriyaki sauce is legendary! Even our stores are designed with fresh, clean, calming graphic elements to encourage customers to “Wok the Healthy Path” of lighter foods with a touch of Japanese flavor.
Samurai Sam’s: Not Just Any Fast-Casual Franchise
If you’re interested in owning a fast-casual restaurant, and you care about eating well, and you want to offer your customers a lighter, fresher, option for convenient on-the-go dining, Samurai Sam’s Teriyaki Grill may be the healthy food franchise opportunity for you. Our restaurants are scaled for a variety of venues including free-standing stores, strip centers, shopping malls, and even business centers, so whatever your budget, we’ll find a way to help launch your new healthy food franchise venture.
What’s more, Samurai Sam’s is not only one of the few Japanese fast-casual chains around, it’s also a part of Kahala Brands™, one of the fastest-growing franchising companies in the world. When you invest in a Samurai Sam’s Teriyaki Grill restaurant you get immediate access to world-class training and support from a global leader in franchise development.
The Samurai Sam’s training program includes class time at the Kahala Training & Education Center in Scottsdale, AZ, followed by in-store training when you’re ready to put your classroom knowledge to work. You’ll learn our time-tested business practices for managing your store and growing your business, and you can expect ongoing operational support every step of the way. Kahala Brands wants its franchisees to be in business for themselves but not by themselves — one of the many reasons Samurai Sam’s is not just any fast-casual franchise.
If you’ve been looking for a healthy food franchise opportunity, contact us today to learn why Samurai Sam’s may be the unexpected fast-casual restaurant you’re looking for!
1. Tory. “Ranking the Top 50 Fast-Food Chains in America.” QSR magazine, August 5, 2019.
2. Lock, S. “Quick Service Restaurants: Revenue US 2002-2019.” Statista, October 10, 2019.